What is Your Skin Type?
Your skin, aka the largest organ in your body by size, is SUPER important. This part of your body has many wonderful functions, like protecting you from bacteria in the environment, regulating your body temperature and supporting your immune system.
At Avoré, we LOVE skin. In fact, we’re so obsessed that we developed a line of fresh and hydrating products to keep it healthy and happy. Because we are skin enthusiasts, we know everyone’s skin has different needs. The first step in knowing how to care for your skin is determining your skin type.
Human skin is generally classified into four skin types: Dry, Normal, Oily, and Combination. If you are unsure of your skin type, take a peek at the guide below to determine what kind of skin type you have!
This skin type is characterized by the presence of some (or all) of these traits:
· Feeling of tightness
· Patches of scaly, flakey, or rougher skin
· Frequent or recurring itchiness in specific areas
· A rough or blotchy looking complexion
· More frequent instances of chapping or cracking,
· Low skin elasticity
· Calluses/scaling (on areas such as feet, hands, elbows etc.)
This skin type is generally identified by:
· Larger, more visible pores
· Layer of glossy shine forming when left unwashed for prolonged periods
· A thicker texture
· More frequent and severe breakouts
This skin type is characterized by:
· Dryness in some areas, with severe acne and oil build-up in others
· Presence of enlarged pores
· Recurring problem spots
· An oily T zone
· Dried out cheeks that are prone to splotching
This skin type by characterized by:
· Small pores
· A generally clear complexion
· A smooth texture
· Limited blemishes
· Less sensitivity to climate or products
According to CureJoy, “the lecithin in avocado oil helps boost collagen, and the pro-vitamin A carotenoids lutein and zeaxanthin enhance the skin’s natural antioxidant store. This makes avocado oil an ideal night cream that aids in the skin repair process. Unlike most night creams, it contains the antioxidant vitamin E, which is essential to undo the ill effects of the UV rays you encounter through the day.”
No matter your skin type, Avoré is ideal for cleansing and hydration to keep your skin looking healthier and supple.